Something my fiancee loves to do into my chest. One more of the side effects of being tall is that you are almost always several inches taller than the woman you're in love with. She's fairly tall herself, but at last count I've got about nine inches on her. So when I give her a long hug, she'll place her head between my arm and my chest and start nuzzling like a little kid and smile like anything. It's cute, it's sweet, but it's also a little strange when you're looking at it from above.

I've tried doing the same thing her when we're laying down, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Of course, her chest has a substantially different topography than mine does.

Bur"row (?), n. [See 1st Borough.]

1.

An incorporated town. See 1st Borough.

2.

A shelter; esp. a hole in the ground made by certain animals, as rabbits, for shelter and habitation.

3. Mining

A heap or heaps of rubbish or refuse.

4.

A mound. See 3d Barrow, and Camp, n., 5.

 

© Webster 1913.


Bur"row, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Burrowed (#); p. pr. & vb. n. Burrowing.]

1.

To excavate a hole to lodge in, as in the earth; to lodge in a hole excavated in the earth, as conies or rabbits.

2.

To lodge, or take refuge, in any deep or concealed place; to hide.

Sir, this vermin of court reporters, when they are forced into day upon one point, are sure to burrow in another. Burke.

Burrowing owl Zool., a small owl of the western part of North America (Speotyto cunicularia), which lives in holes, often in company with the prairie dog.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.