so sorry, love

I see my reflection clearly
I see my self

if I had to choose
between your love and knowledge

I still would eat the apple

Choice (?), n. [OE. chois, OF. chois, F. choix, fr. choisir to choose; of German origin; cf. Goth. kausjan to examine, kiusan to choose, examine, G. kiesen. 46. Cf. Choose.]

1.

Act of choosing; the voluntary act of selecting or separating from two or more things that which is preferred; the determination of the mind in preferring one thing to another; election.

2.

The power or opportunity of choosing; option.

Choice there is not, unless the thing which we take be so in our power that we might have refused it. Hooker.

3.

Care in selecting; judgment or skill in distinguishing what is to be preferred, and in giving a preference; discrimination.

I imagine they [the apothegms of Caesar] were collected with judgment and choice. Bacon.

4.

A sufficient number to choose among.

Shak.

5.

The thing or person chosen; that which is approved and selected in preference to others; selection.

The common wealth is sick of their own choice. Shak.

6.

The best part; that which is preferable.

The flower and choice Of many provinces from bound to bound. Milton.

To make a choice of, to choose; to select; to separate and take in preference.

Syn. - See Volition, Option.

 

© Webster 1913.


Choice, a. [Compar. Choicer (?); superl. Choicest (?).]

1.

Worthly of being chosen or preferred; select; superior; precious; valuable.

My choicest hours of life are lost. Swift.

2.

Preserving or using with care, as valuable; frugal; -- used with of; as, to be choice of time, or of money.

3.

Selected with care, and due attention to preference; deliberately chosen.

Choice word measured phrase. Wordsworth.

Syn. - Select; precious; exquisite; uncommon; rare; chary; careful/

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.