Classics was released by The Aphex Twin as CD and LP in 1992 on R & S Records as catalog number RS95035. The tracklist is as follows:

  1. Digeridoo [sic] (7:10)
  2. Flaphead (6:58)
  3. Phloam (5:31)
  4. Isoprophlex (mislabeled as "Isopropanol") (6:20)
  5. Polynomial-C (4:44)
  6. Tamphex (Headphuq Mix) (misspelled as "Hedphuq" mix) (6:29)
  7. Phlange Phace (5:19)
  8. Dodeccaheedron (6:06)
  9. Analogue Bubblebath I (4:46)
  10. Metapharstic (4:31)
  11. Mescalinum United - We Have Arrived (Aphex Twin QQT Mix) (4:21)
  12. Mescalinum United - We Have Arrived (Aphex Twin TTQ Mix) (5:05)
  13. Digeridoo (Live in Cornwall 1990) (6:20)

A collection of the earlier tracks, this is much more aggro than the way Aphex Twin usually sounds (generally, one can count on a The Aphex Twin track to be more harsh than an Aphex Twin track).

The track Metapharstic is edited a bit, as compared to the original version which appears on Mayday : A New Chapter Of House And Techno '92, but apart from length, it is indistinguishable from the original. Especially recommended are the tracks Polynomial-C and Tamphex (Headphuq Mix), the latter a demented parody(?) of a Tampax commercial, featuring the samples "Are you one of those girls for whom time stands still, once a month?" and "Why stop when the period starts?" under an assault of heavy beats.

The cover art features a light blue background that looks like folded fabric with the words The Aphex Twin and Classics in the font Chicago on top.

Audited February 13, 2002. Sources: AFXFAQ, actual CD.

The study of the civilisations of Ancient Greece and Rome. As such it is a very broad discipline, encompassing language, literature, history, art, philosophy, linguistics and other aspects of both cultures.

The study of Classics is often dismissed as old-fashioned and irrelevant, but, to quote the Cambridge University Classics department website(http://www.classics.cam.ac.uk/):

In trying to see ancient experience for what it was, we discover again and again the hold which ancient categories, ideas, practices and institutions have over those which we have taken to be our own. Above all, the Greek and Roman worlds have provided modern culture with a tradition of ideals and values. They need our scrutiny and investigation. Perhaps more than ever.

Classics is generally similar to Classical Studies but, with Classics, the approach tends to be more based on reading texts in their original language

For a more detailed list of the topics encompassed in Classics, see the classical studies node

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.