Classics was released by The Aphex Twin as CD and LP in 1992 on R & S Records as catalog number RS95035. The tracklist is as follows:

  1. Digeridoo [sic] (7:10)
  2. Flaphead (6:58)
  3. Phloam (5:31)
  4. Isoprophlex (mislabeled as "Isopropanol") (6:20)
  5. Polynomial-C (4:44)
  6. Tamphex (Headphuq Mix) (misspelled as "Hedphuq" mix) (6:29)
  7. Phlange Phace (5:19)
  8. Dodeccaheedron (6:06)
  9. Analogue Bubblebath I (4:46)
  10. Metapharstic (4:31)
  11. Mescalinum United - We Have Arrived (Aphex Twin QQT Mix) (4:21)
  12. Mescalinum United - We Have Arrived (Aphex Twin TTQ Mix) (5:05)
  13. Digeridoo (Live in Cornwall 1990) (6:20)

A collection of the earlier tracks, this is much more aggro than the way Aphex Twin usually sounds (generally, one can count on a The Aphex Twin track to be more harsh than an Aphex Twin track).

The track Metapharstic is edited a bit, as compared to the original version which appears on Mayday : A New Chapter Of House And Techno '92, but apart from length, it is indistinguishable from the original. Especially recommended are the tracks Polynomial-C and Tamphex (Headphuq Mix), the latter a demented parody(?) of a Tampax commercial, featuring the samples "Are you one of those girls for whom time stands still, once a month?" and "Why stop when the period starts?" under an assault of heavy beats.

The cover art features a light blue background that looks like folded fabric with the words The Aphex Twin and Classics in the font Chicago on top.

Audited February 13, 2002. Sources: AFXFAQ, actual CD.