"Colon hydrotherapy is the gentlest, safest and most effective way yet discovered of clearing out waste matter, faecal matter, gas, mucus and toxic substances which have become trapped in the colon." - Ringwood Natural Health Clinic


Colon hydrotherapy, also called colon irrigation and colonic irrigation, is a procedure whereby the colon is cleansed with fresh water, flushing out accumulated mucus, toxins and residual matter.

Over time, mucus builds up on the walls of the colon, trapping fecal matter for weeks, months or even years (I've heard of people seeing stuff like corn being flushed out of their colon and saying that they haven't eaten corn in months). "An evacuation tube removes the water, taking with it years of accumulated debris and mucus." - www.innerself.com.

This debris/matter is often toxic and can contribute to maladies such as constipation, flatulence, allergies, asthma and sluggish liver. It also contributes to overall body weight and shape.

When the colon walls are clear, nutrients are absorbed into the body more easily, resulting in an increase in energy. Recipients may also feel a reduction in cravings for food and even addictive substances.

Hydrotherapy differs from an enema in that hydrotherapy uses a continuous flow of water into and out of the colon to flush it clean.

A good therapist will take their time performing the procedure and use a gentle, warm flow of water that slowly softens any impacted material and allows it to flow out. Colon hydrotherapy is not about pressure or filling the colon with a particular volume of water. The only discomfort you should feel is when the tube is inserted (only a very short distance) into the rectum, and then some pressure in the lower abdomen during the procedure. When you're done, a few minutes on the toilet will finish the process. The therapist will also likely give you some pills, which will help replace the bacterial enzymes you just flushed out.

You might feel a little squeamish about walking into a clinic that provides this service, but believe me, the people behind the counter are over it. They've seen a thousand asses and yours will be just another one that day. Give it a try, you'll feel incredible when it's over.


Sources
My sister (she's into this stuff)
Google
healersoftheworld.com
http://www.transcomsl.com/h_observaciones_i.php
http://www.innerself.com/Health/colon_cleansing.htm
http://www.informationblast.com/Colon_Hydrotherapy_(Colonics).html
http://www.ringwoodhealthclinic.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/ringwood2?OpenDocument&part=3

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.