So the bed has a massive dent where your ass has been lying for, well, you can't remember just how long it's been. The place is an absolute mess due to the apparent apathy that comes with depression. So how do you cope? Well, it's not easy or glamourous, but it works.

1) Sit up. this may be by far the hardest step. Sit up and look around at your room.
2) stretch just a bit. Get the blood flow moving, especially if, like me, you spent most of July in bed.
3) Take a bath. Scrub with a rejuvinating herbal soap. Wash your hair. Shave. Do whatever will make you feel better.
4) Eat something reasonably healthy. No, not the leftover pizza in the bottom of the fridge. Make some chicken soup with plenty of vegies and herbs.
5) Do very basic household tasks. You probably don't have a lot of energy, and that's ok. Get some bleach wipes and use those on the countertops, stove and wherever else they're needed. Take out the trash, as well.
6) Don't go immediately back to bed. Walk around a bit, do Yoga, or at least start on it.
6) try something you enjoyed in the past. Even if it's just simple little things like walking around the block, Knitting, whatever your fancy.

This should be a good start. If any questions arise, don't hesitate to msg me. I'm always up for listening.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.