Cottleston cottleston cottleston pie
A fly can't bird
but a bird can fly
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Mmmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm cottleston pie

I have an album that I've had and loved as a kid, called the Hums of Pooh. One side has songs from the Bear of Very Little Brain and the other side has songs from When we were very young and Now we are six. The Pooh side narrator has a Brooklyn accent. I know most of the songs. I sang "A lion has a tail and a very fine tail" for one of our church animal services, along with piano, violin and squeezebox. I sang "Halfway up the stairs" to a young visitor. He was two. On his next visit he went straight to the stairs and halfway up. "Would you like me to sing?" I asked. He nodded. I sang, pleased.

Cottleston cottleston cottleston pie
A fish can't whistle
and neither can I
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston cottleston cottleston pie

This song is Winnie the Pooh's song for singing when he doesn't understand something someone has said and his brain feels fluffy. Here is Rowlf the Dog singing Cottleson Pie. That is the tune I learned from the record. Rowlf demonstrates modulation, too. Nice.

Just think if everyone sang cottleson pie every time someone said something they didn't understand. I think that attorneys and lawmakers would learn the song very very quickly. And insurance salespeople.

There are other tunes and also this: Taoism - Cottleston Pie. This, too: George Baker on a 78, The Hums of Pooh. That is a different one then mine, but Cottleston pie is at around 4 minutes, same tunes.

Cottleston cottleston cottleston pie
why does a chicken?
I don't know why
Mmmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm cottleston pie

#9: For Iron Noder XIV

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.