This is the name of a command in the Solaris Operating System that will display a list of process ids that are using a file or filesystem.

The fuser of a laser printer consists of a rubber roller (often called a press-roller) that is pushed(by springs) against a metal cylinder. This cylinder is called a heating roller. Inside the heating roller is a halogen lamp(heating lamp) that heats the roller(usualy to over 200 degrees celsius). The roller has a outer coating of teflon to prevent the paper or excess toner from sticking to the roller. The excess toner is usualy cleaned off by a cleaning pad(a felt rod soaked in silicon oil) or a rubber blade(cleaning blade). To regulate the temperature in the fuser there is a termosensor placed against the heating roller, this is then connected to the logic bord of the printer when the fuser reaches the correct temperature the lamp is turned off. if the temperature drops to low the lamp is turned on again. If the logic-boards electronic should fail and the lamp is not turned of a thermofuse/thermostat cuts it off to prevent fire. When the printer is printing the paper passes through the fuser , between the press-roller and the heating roller, were the heat and pressure melts and is fused to the paper. Without the fuser the toner would just fall off.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.