The Guide to Being an "Individual" Individual, Individually
Version 3.5
By Me

We are all individuals. Though everyone is individual, we are individualistic groups. Meaning we can be easily categorized in to a certain group of persons claiming to be individual among a sea of faces all alike. This means you will never be 100% individual, but you can be "individual." Furthermore, if you do this process individually, not with a group, you can closer achieve your ideal goal: to be truly individual. This guide is to help you realize your complete individuality capabilities. I am here to help you be an "individual" individual, individually.

But before we begin, a little warning. People may describe you as the following (more or less):

  1. Freak
  2. Psycho
  3. Weirdo
  4. Mentally Ill or Retarded
  5. Crackhead
  6. Disturbed
  7. A 5150

If anyone should happen to say such things, they are only trying to deter you from your goal: to be an "individual" individual, individually. These close-minded people (a.k.a. the Evil Conformists) are such a nuisance and a perfect waste of your time. Do your best to avoid them, they are the enemies! The method to getting rid of them that I have found the most effective is scaring them away. There are many ways of going about this, but I find some sport in making them think I'm a crackhead. Saying abstract things and twitching nervously is a good way to scare them off. Without any further ado, The Guide…

  1. One of the first steps to being an "individual" individual, individually, is to have confidence in yourself. You must tell yourself you are capable of doing it before trying such a dangerous feat. Of course, you must be sure that no one else is aware of your high self-esteem or confidence. If they realize your potential, the Evil Conformists will try to crush you like a rotten apple under a bull dozer! Of course, the Conformists will try to smack you down because they want you to conform, and be a droid for the rest of your pathetic life! You must hide it. The best way to do such a thing is to act depressed, wear black, and be morbid. Morbid is fun.


  2. Speaking of fun, you must always keep in mind that this is purely for the sake of having fun and being an "individual" individual, individually.


  3. An essential to being an "individual" individual, individually, is to remember the goal. You are trying to be individual. To do so, you must do your best to be unlike the rest. Otherwise, you are being conformed! That's the last thing we want, isn't it?
    This especially means not buying into consumerism. It is one thing to buy things, it is another thing to become what the media wants you to be. Don't allow yourself to become labeled.


  4. Be sure to talk open-mindedly, since most Conformists are close-minded. Open mindedness can scare people very easily; therefore, you are killing two birds with one stone. By being open minded you A) scare people and B) are not being Conformist or discriminating. Talk about whatever is on your mind, this is a good conversation starter as well.


  5. You must always have a magik mental cloak handy. (I keep mine in my pocket.) If someone brings something up, let's pretend it is the Evil Conformist preaching to you, then you must be able to get out of that situation, and quick! My magik mental cloak is always ready, magik cloaks make you zone out or distracted. Changing the subject always helps as well. Or, you can fight fire with fire and try to 'conform' the Conformist! This usually bothers them entirely, so use method only when ready to fight! =^-^=


  6. Violence is a good talent to have. If you are violent, many unwanted Conformists will avoid you. 'Nuff said.


  7. Be free!! If you feel like doing something, do it. Ignore all conformist rules you learned as a child such as girls shouldn't burp and burping in public is rude. Being an individual is all about being free and doing what you will. Talking to myself is always fun; many people frown on me for doing so. I find it fun, though, and I will do what I please. Something that I find fun is making up new and creative things. Pretend you are rushed to say something, and you end up say something weird and mixed up. Use this to your advantage, you can create a new word or meaning. You could be a philosowannabe, and create phrases and poems. By creating new things, words, and phrases, you are being individualistic.


  8. Hypocrisy, we are all hypocrites. If you wish, being an outstanding hypocrit would be good. So long as you admit to being a hypocrite, you aren't really a hypocrit. It would be hypocritical to say you are not a hypocrit. Being hypocritical makes good grounds for confusion on battlegrounds (arguments). Since I'm on the subject of arguing and battle cries… It is always good to be prepared for such things; you will encounter many situations such as these. By being prepared, I am speaking of your vocabulary. Having a large vocabulary and strong sense of grammar makes it easy to further confuse your Enemy Conformist. Of course, keep in mind that name-calling and insulting the enemy means you have lost the battle, so avoid insulting, but colorful, words. You wouldn't want to lose the battle.


  9. Routine is evil. Avoid it as much as possible, well, there are exceptions. Hygienic routines are always a plus! Hanging out with the same people every day at school in a certain place is routine. Try to talk to new and interesting people, makes you more individual and your life much more interesting.


  10. Be heard. Do whatever is in your power to be heard. If there is a group discussion in class, be sure to speak your piece of mind. By telling what is on your mind, people will know you and your opinions. Opinions are essential when it comes to being an "individual" individual.

You must remember: This is only a guide, and nothing but a guide. If you choose to follow this guide, then you’re following these suggestions at your own risk. This is an outline guide. This means you must fill in the details and improve what you will. Remember to be yourself.

If you need any further information on being an "individual" individual, individually, just take a good look around you. If someone is sticking out like a sore thumb, you have found one of the almighty individuals. They hold the key to your Zen.

In`di*vid"u*al (?; 135), a. [L. individuus indivisible; pref. in- not + dividuus divisible, fr. dividere to divide: cf. F. individuel. See Divide.]

1.

Not divided, or not to be divided; existing as one entity, or distinct being or object; single; one; as, an individual man, animal, or city.

Mind has a being of its own, distinct from that of all other things, and is pure, unmingled, individual substance. A. Tucker.

United as one individual soul. Milton.

2.

Of or pertaining to one only; peculiar to, or characteristic of, a single person or thing; distinctive; as, individual traits of character; individual exertions; individual peculiarities.

 

© Webster 1913.


In`di*vid"u*al, n.

1.

A single person, animal, or thing of any kind; a thing or being incapable of separation or division, without losing its identity; especially, a human being; a person.

Cowper.

An object which is in the strict and primary sense one, and can not be logically divided, is called an individual. Whately.

That individuals die, his will ordains. Dryden.

2. Zool. (a)

An independent, or partially independent, zooid of a compound animal.

(b)

The product of a single egg, whether it remains a single animal or becomes compound by budding or fission.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.