user since
Thu Jan 3 2002 at 16:24:15 (22.2 years ago )
last seen
Wed Nov 11 2009 at 20:28:29 (14.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
51 - View lalala's writeups (feed)
level / experience
4 (Wordsmith) / 1073
mission drive within everything
To wash a baby buddha
specialties
Cook, DBA, lifting heavy things
motto
you make your choices and then you have to live by them
most recent writeup
Ham
Send private message to lalala

INTJ.... ah you say that explains it, i have gained a valuable insight.
The real question is : What is the opportunity cost of Angst?

Dailiness

I have learned to quit speeding through life, always trying to do too many things too quickly, without taking the time to enjoy each day's doings. I think I always thought of real living as being high. I don't mean on drugs--I mean real living was falling in love, or when I got my first job, or when I was able to help somebody, or watch my baby get born, or have a good morning of really good writing. In between the highs I was impatient--you know how it is--life seemed so Daily. Now I love the dailiness. I enjoy washing dishes. I enjoy cooking, I see my father's roses out the kitchen window, I like picking beans. I notice everything--birdsongs, the clouds, the sound of wind, the glory of sunshine after two weeks of rain. These things I took for granted before.

~Olive Ann Burns

Cletus the Foetus says: "Self-absorbed is the new enlightened."