A computer game by Cyberlore studios, released by Microprose, Majesty is available for Windows 9x-based PCs and soon for the Macintosh operating system.

The gameplay is more of a sim than a real time strategy game. You place "guilds" that can "recruit" heroes. Those heroes behave independently but you can entice them to do your bidding by placing attack rewards on enemy creatures, players, or buildings, or by placing exploration rewards on unknown areas of the map.

The official site for this game is http://www.majestyquest.com/. An add-on called The Northern Expansion is expected sometime in 2000Q4 or 2001Q1.

Maj"es*ty (?), n.; pl. Majesties (#). [OE. magestee, F. majest'e, L. majestas, fr. an old compar. of magnus great. See Major, Master.]

The dignity and authority of sovereign power; quality or state which inspires awe or reverence; grandeur; exalted dignity, whether proceeding from rank, character, or bearing; imposing loftiness; stateliness; -- usually applied to the rank and dignity of sovereigns.

The Lord reigneth; he is clothed with majesty. Ps. xciii. 1.

No sovereign has ever represented the majesty of great state with more dignity and grace. Macaulay.

2.

Hence, used with the possessive pronoun, the title of an emperor, king or queen; -- in this sense taking a plural; as, their majesties attended the concert.

In all the public writs which he [Emperor Charles V.] now issued as King of Spain, he assumed the title of Majesty, and required it from his subjects as a mark of respect. Before that time all the monarchs of Europe were satisfied with the appellation of Highness or Grace. Robertson.

3.

Dignity; elevation of manner or style.

Dryden.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.