In the National Hockey League this is what you call another team. Unlike other professional sports where other teams are called "other teams".

In the NHL players, coaches and management call the other franchises "organizations"- pronounced, in the Canadian manner, "organ-I-zation."

Example:

"He's a great player, and really represents that organization well. He is part of a well run organization, there, I tell ya."

Or`gan*i*za"tion (?), n. [Cf. F. organisation.]

1.

The act of organizing; the act of arranging in a systematic way for use or action; as, the organization of an army, or of a deliberative body.

"The first organization of the general government."

Pickering.

2.

The state of being organized; also, the relations included in such a state or condition.

What is organization but the connection of parts in and for a whole, so that each part is, at once, end and means?
Coleridge.

3.

That which is organized; an organized existence; an organism; specif. Biol., an arrangement of parts for the performance of the functions necessary to life.

The cell may be regarded as the most simple, the most common, and the earliest form of organization.
McKendrick.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.