A quadruple-double is a basketball term in which a player reaches double figures in four statitical categories. This includes points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, and even turnovers. This is probably the hardest feat to accomplish in basketball. In the NBA, it has only been accomplished a mere five times.

On November 17, 2000, Jason Kidd, back when he played on the Phoenix Suns, scored 18 points, 10 assists, 12 rebounds and 14 turnovers against the New York Knicks. Some don't consider turnovers a relative category to award him a quadruple-double status, but nevertheless he did it.

On February 17, 1994 (6 seasons before another one was to occur), David "The Admirial" Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs, scored 34 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, and 10 blocks against the Detroit Pistons. Besides Robinson and Kidd, the only other players in the NBA to do this are Hakeem Olajuwon, Alvin Robertson and Nate Thurmond. According to user Orange Julius, both Olajuwon and Thurmond achieved he quadruple-double via points/rebounds/assists/blocks. Alvin Robertson did it via points/rebounds/assist/steals. Thanks!!

Similar, but easier tasks include the double-double, and the triple-double.

A quadruple-double is one of the hardest feats to accomplish in all of basketball. But contrary to what Scoobi Doo says, turnovers are usually not regarded as a statistical category in which a basketball player can measure "doubles." So unfortunately, Jason Kidd did not have a quadruple-double game. Instead, it was a triple-double (which is nothing rare for him) game where he was probably drunk or something, committing countless (well, not countless...more like 14) numbers of turnovers.

On March 31, 2002, Ron Artest almost accomplished this rare feat. Ron Artest, of the Indiana Pacers, scored 24 points with nine rebounds, nine assists and eight steals, as the Indiana Pacers, defeated the Miami Heat, 100-81. Artest just missed on getting the fifth quadruple-double in NBA history, and, surprisingly, first by an Eastern Conference player.

A quadruple-double has yet to occur in the NBA Finals. Los Angeles Laker's center, Shaquille O'Neal almost got the first quadruple-double in Finals history with 28 points, 20 rebounds, nine assists and a record-tying eight blocked shots. This was on June 9, 2001, as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Philadelphia 76ers by a score of 98-89.

A triple-double usually measures how well-rounded an NBA player is, but a quadruple-double does the same, and more. Someone getting double figures in all five statistical categories is yet to happen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.