The portion seen in a glance of a breast from the side, sans nipple, most often as the result of ill-fitting or suggestive garments.


"I showed sideboob. I don’t need to show ass. You get one or the other. You don’t need both."
-- Mila Kunis


Nowadays (post 2017), at least, a guilty pleasure as it is still enjoyed by some without the need to point out the event to another. An instance where sharing is not caring.

Anyways, sideboob (or side boob) is slanguage for the glimpse of the side of a boob due to loose or revealing clothing. "Side boob" tattoos may also be revealed this way. Although intentional at times, and even trendy, some consider the best and purest sideboob reveals to be accidental; rare, but rarely unwanted, sightings provide by attire unintentionally with a subtle promise of more but never delivering. The even less common wardrobe malfunction delivers all the goods; sideboob can be likened to the result of a wardrobe glitch.

Sideboob can also be tactile, as in the case of a sidehug, for instance. This incidental contact is always accidental and unintended. Otherwise, it is groping, and that is never okay. An apology may be in order depending upon several factors such as the relationship between the parties involved and/or the number of (potential) witnesses as well as the setting in which the mishap occurred, amongst other things. Snapping photos of sideboob is likewise unacceptable; enjoy the moment and move on. No further action on the part of the viewer is necessary, or desired by the one being viewed. (Although, a quick and silent prayer of thanks may be in order.)

Related concepts include side butt, underbun, and under boob.

SQ '24

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.