Employed during PT in the Army. When a set of conditioning excercises is employed, soldiers assume the proper starting position of each excercise on the command, "Starting position, MOVE." When conducting excercises, soldiers are commanded to return to the position of attention from the terminating position of the excercise, before being commanded to assume the starting position of the next excercise.

Squat position:
From the position of attention, lower the body by bending the knees and placing the hands with palms face down and fingers spread, shoulder width apart in front of the body, in between the legs. Raise the heels, supporting body weight on the balls of the feet and hands. The head and eyes are diercted to a point approximately two feet in front of the body.

The front leaning rest position. Since this was already noded I have the hard link pointed to it's description.

Six-point stance:
The six-point stance is assumed by dropping to the knees from the front leaning rest position. A straight line is maintained from the head to the knees.

Straddle stance:
Stand with feet straight ahead and aligned with shoulders.

Forward leaning stance:
Bend trunk 45 degrees, knees bent 45 degrees with the heels flat on the ground and the feet aligned with the shoulders. Keep the back straight, maintaining a straight line from the head to the hips.

Prone position:
The prone position is assumed by performing three movements. From the position of attention move to the squat position, thrust the feet backwards to the front leaning rest position, then lower the body slowly to the ground. Elbows are close to the body and point directly to the rear.

Supine position:
To assume the supine position without using the hands, from the standing position, place one foot behind the other and slowly lower your body till the rear knee touches the ground. Sit back onto the buttocks, and then lay on back with feet and legs together. When returning to the standing position, sit up and rock forward on one knee. From this position, step up with the other leg and stand without using the hands for assistance.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.