...and nothing else. I can't go outside to look at the stars, it would wake my parents, so I am confined to my bedroom as I type this email. I listen to the music playing in the background, the words, slowly filtering through to me, they leave an impression on me, they make me think. Random thoughts pop into my head, and as soon as they enter, they are gone, never to be seen again... people on MSN ask favours, I oblige them, and I get on with my email. The music still plays, still sad, soulful, but still beautiful, the words floating around me, somehow I can see them, almost feel them...

...the bag of pear drops sits on my desk, torn and ripped, almost empty save for a few yellow ones (I like the red ones more), powdered sugar sparkles in the lamplight, gistening like tiny diamonds... the pile of books and CD cases throw strange shadows over the far wall, dark black silouhets agains the yellow gold walls of my bedroom... the music plays on...

...the computer hums softly, I can barely hear it... the little green power light is shining at me, saying to me, "why are you still working at this time of night, go to bed, sleep..." but I ignore it, I keep writing... the street light outside my window shines a dirty orange, cutting into the dark, cloudless night sky, spoiling my view of the stars... the music plays on...

...I feel sleepy, I am talking on MSN with Laila, and I think it is time to go to bed... the words from the song have invaded my mind, they are pulling me down, making me feel bad... I finish the message, and think about tommorow, wishing her sweet dreams... my thoughts turn to what life has in store for me in the new day, what it will throw my way... the music plays on...

...I hit the "send" button in GreenMail, and put the computer to sleep... the little green power light turns dark amber, and pulses on and off like a heartbeat... I get into bed, slide between the covers and drift off into a deep sleep... but still, the music plays on...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.