The Upper East Side neighborhood of Manhattan extends northwards from 59th Street to 110th Street, and eastwards from Central Park to the East River.

The Upper East Side is well known for its affluence, being home to some of the most sought-after real estate on the island of Manhattan. The rich and socially well-placed of old gradually moved north along the east side of Manhattan, leaving in their trail an uptown neighborhood that seems generally in better condition than its West Side counterpart. Apartments and condominiums along Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue command stunning views of Central Park, especially when the trees are in bloom.

The Upper East Side has some sub-neighborhoods, such as Lenox Hill, the home of Woody Allen, Carnegie Hill and Yorkville. Gracie Mansion, home of New York City's mayor (Michael R. Bloomberg at the time of writing) is also located in the Upper East Side. The more downtown areas of the Upper East Side boast of some rather upscale garment stores. However, to appease the lay person, there are also stores like Bloomingdale's, home of the large brown bag, medium brown bag and the small brown bag.

The Upper East Side is also home to Museum Mile, the delight of a museum aficionado. The jewels in Museum Mile's crown include the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. Pity the American Museum of Natural History is located on the Upper West Side!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.