This of course is competely opionated and is really only an argument on Why For Me Linux Sucks.

I've installed RedHat 5.2, SuSe 6.2, and RedHat 7.1 when they all just came out and with none of them I got past more than a few hours playing around with them. Everything in it was just so unintuitive and impossible to figure out.

A lot Linux advocates simply say "well you're just used to Windows, you have to get used to Linux too" and that's true to a certain extent- but only so far. I've rarely ever used Macs, but when I have I have been able to sit down and figure out how to do what I want (change a display setting or troubleshoot network error) in a matter of minutes. I've even managed to figure out lots of things in BeOS back when I didn't even know that much about computers. But now when I know so much more than I used to and even with a tutorial I can't get certain things going (*coughSambacough*).

The lack of standardization is another really, really big pain with me. In Windows every textbox has the same abilities. You can Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Arrow Key, or right click for a menu to do the same in any textbox (with a few rare exceptions). In X-Windows (using Gnome+Sawfish) every single textbox was completely different. From the File Explorer thing locations, GAIM IM windows, to Netscape, they all had completely different and non-labelled commands.

And of course I could always spend hours and hours and hours figuring this stuff out or reading throgh pages of shitty tutorials, but other than some more experience with a Unix-like enviroment, Windows works great for me. Heck, my second computer running 3 mIRCs, AIM, WinSocks, GameSpy3D, and Netscape on Win98SE has been up for 3 weeks at a time (only when roommate had to unplug computer to vaccuum did I have to shutdown). And atleast with Litestep, Netscape has only crashed four times on me since July 2000 (as of May 2001).

Thus there is no benefit in me using Linux, only hours and hours of headaches.