The Fallout series is the best computer games series I have played. It takes place in a post nuclear world where human kind is struggling for survival. There are currently three Fallout games two which have been developed by Black Isle Studios and one which have been developed by the Australian company MicroForte. Fallout and Fallout 2 are both Post Nuclear Role Playing Games, while Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel is a Post Nuclear Tactical Combat Game. In Fallout and Fallout 2 you control one character through the game. You can of course recruit companions along the way, but your control of these characters is very limited. In Fallout Tactics however you get full control of all party members.

Fallout and Fallout 2 takes place in different parts of California while Fallout Tactics takes place in the midwest. In Fallout you are a member of one of the many underground nuclear proof vaults, Vault 13 to be exact. All vaults are equipped with a waterchip which should work until the end of time, however Vault 13's waterchip is not working properly and only have 150 days left until it stop working. So you are chosen to go out into the world and find a new waterchip.

Fallout 2 takes place a few decades after the orginal Fallout. You are the descendant of the character from Fallout, and live in a small village. In order for the village to survive you have to find a Garden of Eden Creation Kit, G.E.C.K. for short.

Fallout Tactics takes place somewhere between Fallout and Fallout 2. You play a new initiate in the Brotherhood of Steel. You can recruit 5 party members into your squad, and arm them as you see fit. The Brotherhood will give you missions to perform and you can complete this mission in whatever way you want, as long as you complete the mission objectives.