Thursday

So I take a break from work and I'm flipping between CNN and CBC Newsworld (BBC had a documentary on). Both are running stories on Trump's response to the Michael Wolff book and comments by Steve Bannon.

CNN persists with the coverage.

CBC switches to a story about some guys in Newfoundland who saved a moose that got stuck in the snow. That's the most hilariously Canadian story since the Great Maple Syrup Heist of 2012.

I have a moment of realization. Nope, nope, nobody noded The Great Maple Syrup Heist of 2012. How can this be?

I may have my obscure/weird bit of Canadian history for ReQuest 2018.

Then again, this noteworthy Canuck cop begs to be written up, too.

Next
Friday

A day later, I'm packed and ready to visit my friends across the border in Detroit. This usually involves hanging out, watching some nerdy film, and going to the shooting range. The best man from my wedding, all those years ago, loves guns like a true American, and owns quite a few. He walks around armed when he's on his side of the border. He carries one to work. He's an IT guy. I don't entirely get it.

I own no guns. I wish I didn't like firing them, but I do.

Around noon, the snow reaches us.

The authorities have closed the highways between here and the border. One town over, they've set up emergency shelters.

It's -20 and falling, though meteorologists expect temperatures to rise next week. It might even shoot up to freezing. Clearly, I should air out my bathing suit.

So, I guess we proceed with the Game of Thrones marathon.

Next