1986 Cadillac DeVille


Front wheel drive came in both coupes and sedans, with prices around $20,000. The standard engine for this year was the transverse-mounted 4.1 liter V-8, which included a four-speed overdrive automatic transmission.

For the coupe, Cadillac had the assist handles move from the front seatbacks to the door lock pillars. Door handles and dash sported cherry woodgrain trim, and there was also the option of aluminum alloy wheels that had nice new hubcap designs. A new, and eventually standard on most cars, option was ABS, developed by both General Motors and a German firm called Teves.

The standard 4.1 liter V-8 had a small bit more horsepower than previous years, and the ill-fated, but interesting 4.3 liter diesel Cadillac was finally removed. The DeVille also had a "touring package" option which gave the Cadillac a more agressive look. Some added features of this option were recessed foglamps, a front stabilizer bar, gray bumper rub strips, and a rear spoiler.

Beginning in February of '86, the touring option was upgraded to include an additional 5 horsepower, a bigger exaust pipe, and a higher shift piont between 1st and 2nd gears. Availiable on either coup or sedan touring packages were leather-wrapped steering wheel, gray leather seats, and interior trim-even quarter-window louvers*. Also, a "Touring Coupe/Sedan" was added to the rear windows, and a buyer could also opt for only having the touring suspension which was 15 inch Goodyear Eagle GT tires, aluminum alloy wheels, a bigger rear stabilizer bar, tigher shock valving, and a few other things. The Deville also sported options for a cellular phones, amd overhead mic.


Specifications
Coupe & Sedan DeVille
  • Weight: 3,239 pounds (Coupe)/3,298 pounds (Sedan)
  • Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.0 gallons
  • Engine:
    • Type: 90°, overhead valve V-8. Cast iron block & head.
    • Torque: 200 lbs.-ft. at 2000 R.P.M.
    • Compression Ratio: 8.5:1

* Available on Coupe DeVille only


Sources

http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/