Husband is on vacation and we've been relaxing around the house. Number One Son has returned from Church Camp and is now trying to get organized for college, he has orientation on the 17th the same day Number Two Son starts his first day of High School

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and told him I was there Saturday waiting in the parking lot for my appointment on the 8th. (See: August 6, 2000) He explained that it sounded similar to some known problems about memory where a person could look at a tool and tell exactly what it was used for, what it was made of and give many details but could not make the connection in the brain as to what the name of the tool was. He said the neurological tests might uncover more clearly what the problem is because the memory lapses are random and I can't tell if there is some type of pattern. So far as scheduling the neuro tests, I called because I hadn't heard in several weeks . The doctor, my rehab counselor was to call went on a vacation, had been in an accident and wouldn't be back to work for quite a while. I waited patiently through the couselors long pause while he decided that perhaps he should try contacing another doctor. Finally an appointment was made for sometime in mid September. I wonder sometimes about the people with more difficult disabilities than I and how long it takes them to sort out all the delays in the process of going back to work..... They tell me to do one thing and they'll set up this and that appointment, if I never called and followed up on what they're supposed to be doing I don't think I'd be going anywhere. Right now that's okay with me because I'm still hesitant about the whole idea of being back in the working world. Slow is good, I don't want to get overwhelmed.

I have problems simply grocery shopping. At times I will see that we need something and buy the item, then the next time I shop I'm still under the assumption that we still need it. It's not until someone points out that we've got five loaves of bread in the house that I'm even aware. The message just doesn't get from one place to the other. This time its toilet paper...12 rolls in the boys bathroom and another 5 in ours. We joke and laugh about it in good fun, but I don't know how this will translate into the real world.

Anacreon did a great job of putting my Corinth node to shame so I spent some time updating and linking that node and a few others this morning.

Made it to the gym this morning Howard Mumma was there and waiting all excited to tell me the good news that his book Albert Camus and the Minister is up for an award in Canada. He's competing against two other authors, one a Roman Catholic Cardinal and the other is a philosopher from Oxford. He said he was sure he'd win third place, but I strongly disagreed with him. What he tells in his book is not available to the public in any other way. Camus, Howard said, was heavily influenced by Jean-Paul Sartre and Friedrich Nietzsche . Disillusioned with the evils of the Holocaust he happened upon Howard who was pastoring the American Churh in Paris and invited Howard out to lunch. The book is based upon a series of coversations between them.

Spoiler alert

Camus asked Howard to baptize him as he had accepted Christ. Howard refused, the church recognises one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and Camus had been baptized as a child. Howard suggested that Albert accept confirmation in the church. Camus declined as this would mean he would be joining a church community and felt that was too public of a commitment considering his existentialist folllowing. Albert Camus was returning from dropping Howard off at the airport who was going back to his pastorate in Ohio. Camus had his fatal car accident on the way home from the airport and it was conjectured at the time that it was suicide.

I asked Howard, 'When Camus accepted Christ wasn't he saved?
Howard says he will never know for sure if it was the refusal of baptism that may have been the cause.
He mentioned that there are Christian existentialists and there are Pagan exitentilalists. I don't know what he meant by that and no time to ask as gym class was starting. The book will be released to college campuses this fall.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Hebrews 11:1-3 (KJV)

Devotion