For kamamer, who posted this link on his Facebook page. Here you go, Karl:

We met at Halloween. You wore a Jar-Jar Binks face mask and a viking helmet. I was a Tic Tac Toe game. "Meesa takin' Paul Lynde for the block," you said, touching my navel. It scored you points because it was a better line than all the "Xs and Os" stuff I'd been hearing. I still have a picture from that party -- of our off sides, to be sure, but I see the glow of new love, anyway.

On our very next date we played chess. You went all-out with no thought to defense, your only strategy to rush your pawns in for conversion to Queens. I knew right then we'd make a great team -- my brains and your ... enthusiasm!

One night we were in my parent's back yard, holding hands, and in lieu of making a pass you tackled me into the bushes. Soon we were fumbling with zippers and snaps. I still remember the smell of lilacs, grass clippings, and Right Guard.

How far you've come since then! Bold in the sack with nothing out of bounds, never leaving me feeling incomplete. But our relationship is much more than that. It's the way we huddle together under an umbrella and listen to its interception of the rain, the way you can referee arguments with my folks yet never give offense.

I still get a kick whenever you joke about punting the neighbour's poodle over the fence, or when you read movie reviews with a big deep voice like Don LaFontaine.

I know that with my long hours at work I'm like a half time partner but you never make me pay a penalty. We'll make it up this weekend. I'll be off the clock. Meet me in the bushes!