Also a comedy (about a blind date) released in 1987. This movie stars Bruce Willis and Kim Basinger, but also features Phil Hartman (you may remember him from such roles as Troy McClure on The Simpsons), John Laroquette, and William Daniels.


The story is about a "workaholic," named Walter Davis. His company is conducting business operations with a Japanese man, Mr. Yakamoto. Mr. Yakamoto is old world Japanese, as the movie describes it, and he believes that women should stay in a subordinate position, speaking only when spoken to. Walter, being the workaholic that he is, doesn't have a date to a business dinner that is conducted between his company and Mr. Yakamoto's company, and his boss wants him to bring one.

He talks to his brother (Phil Hartman), who fixes him up with one of his wifes' cousins. He is warned (sort of) not to let her drink because she "gets crazy," but naturally, he does anyway, not thinking that it would be too big of a problem. She hardly has anything to drink, but is still totally nuts by the time that they arrive at the dinner.

After this, Walter's life takes a rapid turn for the worse, and by the end of the night, his nice sports car is totally beat up, he has lost his job, and been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. Overall, a pretty funny movie.