The Power Macintosh 7500/100 was a very nice addition addition to the growing line of computers Apple were producing in the mid-1990s. Released in the summer of 1995, it was fast, powerful, and featured a clever case that made accessing the guts of the machine very easy indeed.

The internals of this particular PowerMac are as follows. The CPU is a PowerPC 601 processor running at 100Mhz, which manages to out-perform a Pentium processor of the same clock speed; in 1995, 100Mhz was certainly considered fast, and thus this was a rather desirable machine. This was coupled with 16Mb of RAM. While not considered huge, this was certainly sufficient. It can be expanded all the way up to a whole gigabyte of RAM by adding DIMMs, as it features 8 sockets on the motherboard. Storage comes in the form of a 500Mb SCSI hard disk, with a 4-speed CD-ROM drive, and a SuperDrive for using floppy disks. The motherboard has the standard ADB ports, as well as GeoPorts, SCSI, and an RJ-45 ethernet port.

The OS supplied with the machine was, of course, Mac OS, being System 7.5.2. This can be upgraded all the way to Mac OS 9.1 if desired, although (from experience) OS 8.6 appears to be an excellent choice as well. Virtually every other aspect of this Mac is also open to upgrade; the RAM, as said above, will easily go up to 1Gb, while a second hard drive can be installed directly below the first. The processor is installed on a daughterboard, and can be replaced very easy with another; it is possible to also install PCI boards to bring the machine up to a G3 or G4 processor.