At this hour, both the fiscal cliff and the dairy cliff have been more-or-less averted. For now. But more debacles of this sort loom, as certain of the measures at issue were 'punted down the road,' as the phrase has become. We shall see.

New Year's resolutions:

Well, last year I resolved to node more generally, and to daylog more especially. And I ended up writing (if my math is right) 54 daylogs, my all-time record. So this year I resolve to keep it up. I like daylogging because I always report my node-auditing progress, so knowing that I'll be writing a daylog mentioning it lights a fire under my pot to keep up the node auditing. All told I think I managed to use about 15,000 votes last year, and I hope to eclipse that in the future.

My other resolution is to node less on Pandeism. This might seem a surprising goal to those who think I obsess on the topic, but it is really not an unreasoned goal. I might have mentioned in the past that part of the reason I node on the topic as I do is because I often get in conversations on it in other forums, and I invite those conversants here to answer their specific questions or objections in essay format. I've done this in the hopes of expanding E2s writership, but I tend to think it hasn't worked. At least, I know of no new editors who've come into E2 through those specific machinations. Naturally, the other reason I node on Pandeism is, as I've mentioned once or twice as well to a few fellows here, I hope to publish a book on the topic in the next few years, and many essays I put down here (including some of the stuff written in response to what others have argued) are aimed at teasing out ideas for either expansion or refinement in that final work. There are other ways to do that. I have one more big one coming, and then it will be silence on the subject for a while.

----


In node auditing news:

jessicapierce is on page 5 of 11.
hamster bong is on page 5 of 14.

passport, Pretzellogic, and Pseudo_Intellectual are next up.

Blessings, all!!