user since
Fri Feb 21 2003 at 14:41:06 (21.1 years ago )
last seen
Sat Nov 18 2006 at 03:35:33 (17.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
45 - View Retina's writeups (feed)
level / experience
5 (Crafter) / 1526
mission drive within everything
not be crap
specialties
being crap
motto
Horses
most recent writeup
Builder's Carbonara
Send private message to Retina

Updates! Firstly my website (mentioned below) has been down for a while, on account of having no DSL for ages after a house move. It's back up now (the DSL) and the website should follow soon.

Had a flurry of writeup-ing over the last couple of days. I stumbled across a bunch of articles I'd written then forgotten about, so I've been dusting them off, bringing them up to date and noding them.

Hooray for the e2 forum! In the spirit of addition, e2 needs a motorcycle club. But I'm too lazy (and lowly) to organise it. Let me know if you think it's a good idea or whatever.

Oh yeah, I also got my Sandan (3rd Dan) a couple of weeks ago, so feel free to send money etc, if you're into that kind of thing. :D


Here's a rough breakdown of my (ahem) better nodes by category, so that should you fancy a laugh or a little paranoia or some such you'll know where to go:
Funnies (ostensibly)

Opinions/philosophies The rest are factuals, mostly about Karate at the moment, though there are a few other items here and there.


I have a burgeoning website at www.malcolmmcclure.co.uk - visitors welcome.


Very recently I got my full bike licence and a yellow Honda CBR 600 (F4? - 1999 version anyway). It's as cool as you might expect, and so far I'm not dead. I'd call that a success!


I'm a keen Karateka (16 years) and Instructor (5 years), and currently hold a Nidan (second degree black belt). but no I've never been to Japan.


Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05
... slap between Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. Wow. I'm sure they feel honoured.


Woo, level 2 is upon me, (thanks to Hot noodle) so now I can vote! Here's my voting philosophy:
I never downvote.
That's about it. If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing. Let someone else spread the pain. Aside from that:
I upvote things that I enjoyed reading.
Since I can't claim to have any rigorous quality or content related predjudices, I feel that downvoting things would be an abuse of the power of the vote. But really it's just because I don't think one should punish people for taking a risk.

User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date