An Irwin Allen T.V. Series that ran for three seasons from 1965-1968.

The show starred Guy Williams, June Lockhart, Bill Mumy, Mark Goddard, Jonathan Harris and a very moody robot named "Robot." The series followed the misadventures of the Robinson family after their pioneering interstellar voyage was sabotaged by the nefarious and craven Dr. Zachary Smith (Harris).

The quality of the episodes varied wildly. The first season was shot in black and white but had quite a bit of space travel, decent special effects, and good variety. The second season had a few good stories and was in color, but consisted mainly of the Robinsons stuck on the same planet and had the Jupiter II serving mainly as a house rather than an exploration vessel. The third season got much better title music and saw the family take to the stars once again and had the highest production values of the entire run.

The acting in the show was extremely hammy and general silliness torpedoed many episodes. However, there was genuine chemistry between Harris and Mumy. Harris in particular was a wonderfully hatable and comic character; a consumate villain and backstabber who could never quite overcome the soft spot he had for Mumy's Will Robinson.

The Robot, also, was a surprisingly charming figure, a morose and deeply thoughtful precursor to Marvin the Paranoid Android of the Hitchhiker's series. His signature cry of "Danger, Will Robinson!" became a sci-fi standard.

There was a film of the same name released in 1998 which had none of the fun or charm of the original.