Oh, saints preserve us, this is the worst science fiction I have ever read. It is the worst writing I have ever read. I would use it for toilet paper, but I don't want it anywhere near my asshole.

I foolishly bought the first book, A Matter For Men, to have something to read while I was eating lunch. The book was so astonishingly bad, such an outrageously feeble tie-sucking ripoff of late Robert Heinlein that I threw it out the window of my dorm room. Several days later, guilty that it was still there in the moat, I fished it out and used it for a doorstop. A friend wanted to read it, and I tried to warn him, but in vain. He hated it too. Now I use it as a backstop for drilling holes, in hopes of destroying it before somebody else reads it.
There are actually several more books in the series. I live in fear that someone will buy me one of them "as a joke". It would not be "funny".
I feel personally offended by David Gerrold. If I go to hell when I die I know that I will be in the cell between David Gerrold, who will read endlessly from his own books while preening in the mirror, and Henry Kissinger who will be reciting his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech while fondling his pendulous breasts.