The most overhyped movie of 1999. Obviously made by art school students, as it could have been cut to 20 minutes without losing any of the so-called plot.

Dumb American teenagers shouting "you're an asshole" at each other is not scary, it is irritating. Likewise excessive camera shake.

I would guess that in film school like the second or third lecture would be about "camera shake and how to avoid it". The makers of TBWP must have bunked that one.

I am capable of playing many hours of quake without any side-effects, but this made me want to throw up. Not so much scary as annoying. Nausea is not a substitute for spine-chills.

I don't care about how "real" the camera shake is, it's way excessive and detracts bady from the watchability of the movie, not that there's much to watch anyway, except yet more shaking trees. it would be even more "real" if they "accidentally" left the lens cap on the camera, and would actually be more watchable.

You have to be really dumb to think that you can go to a cinema and pay money to see a film that's not a packaged and produced product but a real unedited experience. If the 'intended audience' is people who don't know if it's real or not, then this wasn't intended to be shown in cinemas.