When Did You See Her Last?
By Lemony Snicket
Little, Brown and Company, 2013


This is the second book in the All The Wrong Questions series, a mystery series by the same author as the popular Series of Unfortunate Events. The first book in this series is "Who Could That Be At This Hour?" You should read the first book first.

We return to right where we left off in the previous book, Who Could That Be At This Hour?. Lemony is still in Stain'd-by-the-sea, still working for S, who is still more interested in getting things done rather than getting things right. However, they do have a new case -- a young, up-and-coming chemist has disappeared just as she and her parents were about to leave the failing town. It could be foul play. It could be a runaway. It could be something else completely. It could, in fact, be exactly the same as the last thing, but in a new way.

This is very much of the same tone and quality as the first book in the series, and ends with just as many questions (different ones, though). We meet a few new characters, re-meet most of the old characters, and find a lot of information about a number of things that remain really very murky. This is a very satisfying continuation to the series, and very much leaves the reader wanting to read the third volume... or the second-and-a-half-volume, as the case may be.

The third book, due out in October, 2014, will be "Shouldn't You Be in School?". If that's too long to wait, File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents (All The Wrong Questions #2.5) is due out in April of 2014.


ISBN 0316123056
ISBN13: 9780316123051
Accelerated Reader Level: 5.2