Well. Here I am back amongst the oo-goody buttons, with a '$' after my name.

I suppose this means I should be somewhat transparent about what I'm up to. Not sure why. Suspect dead rat nailed to door with red paint sigil is warning of some kind; decided to conform.

Editor - the job

I've been both God and Editor here before. I've watched, after going walkabout and coming back, as the site continued to evolve. I take it that the jobs of both descriptions have morphed somewhat into more predictable, describable roles. That's good. So, I'm an editor.

I see this as behaving as the caretaker (heh I made a funny) of the textspace that is Everything2. I do promise to abide by the rule of common opinion, and to only use the Node .45 in cases of egregious violation (advertisements, spam, personal attacks maybe). All other deletions shall be triggered only be request or by node reputation dropping below -5 (ideally -8 or 9) on a downward trajectory. -5/0 might trigger due to unanimity.

As always, editing works better if there's communication. If you have questions or objections to any of my editing actions, please don't hesitate to drop a /msg my way. If you have questions, so much the better; /msg me with them. Thanks.

The work

Since ascending (cough) I've been pretty laissez-faire as the new kid on the block again. Some things have required intervention, though. I've seen a pattern in my work of finding kill-worthy nodes by brand-new noders who have managed to log off before I get to the nodes. In those cases, I have deleted where appropriate, always with detailed explanation, suggestion to read E2 FAQ or ask in the chatterbox, and a 'HOWTO' reach me or other noders privately in the chatbox with questions. So far, none of them have returned or taken me up on it, but hope springs eternal.

Thought editors could retitle; whoops, nope. My bad.

Hi ho. Onwards.