On this day last year, my wife left me, taking my beautiful daughter Willow with her.

She left because she had fallen for another man, who seduced her with promises that he could fulfil some of her needs in ways I couldn't. I guess it helped that he was a rich barrister.

The last 12 months have seen so many changes. I now only see my daughter roughly one weekend every month. I have an ongoing battle with my ex-wife over how she is raised. Last weekend, I found out that my daughter is calling my ex-wife's new partner "Daddy".

I am powerless to intervene. I have explained to my ex-wife why it is not in my daughter's best interests to have confusion over who the people in her life are. It is going to be difficult enough for her as she grows up, having two families. My ex-wife can't see the problem.

There are many families who have gone through painful breakups, and many children who have two sets of parents. I truly hope that I can learn from the experience of others, and that my ex-wife will too. I hope that between us we can raise my daughter to be a strong individual who has close ties with us both, and who isn't forced to choose between us. I have so many hopes and dreams for her future - and I just desperately wish that nothing gets in their way.

These times will pass. Happiness is just another moment away.