I agree with wharfinger in that I don't feel that conservatives have the leaders they deserve. Trent Lott is an ass. Then again, if you feel Bill Clinton is the kind of leader liberals deserve, you've got problems.

I'm getting a little sick of nodes that try to paint all conservatives as stupid or evil. Conservatives are just like liberals, in that there are good ones and bad ones. I consider myself to be conservative, although most of the people around me assume me to be liberal (you would too if you saw the way I look and act). I am also the sweetest, kindest little guy you'll ever meet, certainly free of mean spirits. Much to the surprise of people who have preconceived notions of conservatives in their mind, I:

People have this feeling that all conservatives are Angry White Men. You'd be angry too if you were constantly portayed as dumb, gun-toting, women-hating, ultra-Christians, when nothing could be further from the truth. Liberals complain that the word "liberal" has been ruined by conservative spin-meisters. I ask you, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the word "conservative"? Conservatives have been slandered just as much as liberals. Both parties are now associated with their extremist elements. Both sides print and say so much bullshit about each other, creating a kind of stereotypical mockery of the other party. Can't anyone look across the aisle and see that there's people over there and not monsters? Very few elected officials have the goal of ruining the country - their main goal seems to be maintaining power.

Look, I want a small government based solidly in the Constitution. Does that make me mean-spirited?