user since
Mon Jan 7 2002 at 11:09:54 (22.2 years ago )
last seen
Mon Oct 17 2022 at 20:40:08 (1.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
241 - View VAG's writeups (feed)
level / experience
11 (Literatus) / 6654
C!s spent
124
mission drive within everything
Learn and teach, have fun, serve and be served.
specialties
Popular Culture, Anime, Manga, Japan, [RPG, Movies
school/company
Scholar of DAAD, Intern at TBS, Student at Universitaet Trier
motto
Don't stop me, I am just barely ahead of insanity!
most recent writeup
Happy Valley
Send private message to VAG

Welcome to the megalomanical noder's homenode.

Oh gee, this is hard. Noding about other people and interesting things is easy, but how do I describe myself without boring the heck out of you.Still, I feel I have to share a bit of myself to be a part of this great community.

I think of myself as a Traveller, having lived in various countries in my short life already. Indeed, I think home is where I hang my hat. Born and raised in northern Germany (I still feel like a northern boy), I moved to the southern Netherlands at age 16, then served in the Luftwaffe in Goose Bay, Canada as bartender and waiter for nine months of mandatory military service, before returning to Germany in 1995 to enter Trier University to study Law.

But Law being as boring as they say it is at times, I realized that I needed to do something entirely different on the side to change perspectives, and so I also started studying Japanese. At first only as a hobby, something on the side, but soon taking on more and more courses. Had I known that the subject was this interesting from the start...

But anyway, I finished my universitary studies of Law, and before starting the 2-year stage period in the legal system, I decided to escape for a while, and applied for a 2-year post-graduate scholarship by the DAAD: Living, learning and working in Japan, my current home. The first year was a study period at Naganuma school to learn the language better, and now I am in the work period, as an Intern at the big private TV station TBS, working on program sales.

Although the schedule is rigid, I still have time to explore, but the longer trips have to wait until the end of the Internship period, next summer.

Vitals:
195 cm, 105 kg, 28 years.

Past and present residences:
Niebuell, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Wittmund, Niedersachsen, Germany
Bunde, The Netherlands
Happy Valley, Goose Bay, Labrador, Canada
Trier, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Setagaya, Tokyo, Japan
???

Hobbies:
Go
Anime/Manga
Books
Eating
Role-Playing Games (Traveller, GURPS, D&D, Hackmaster, Paranoia)
Cycling (rather: cheap and easy movement)
Swimming (rather: Playing around in water)
Travelling
Japanese Culture Reading
E2 (even though I am not sure wheather to list it as hobby or addiction)
Watching Movies with friends
Music (listening, not talent for making)

Memberships in Everything2:
Usergroup: Anime/Manga
Usergroup: Kneipe
Usergroup: Bakufu

Things to do: