Morning...

11:53

Well, the day has started sort of well.

Yesterday... well, day before yesterday I got MULE to work properly. Ето очень хороший пакет!!! =) Well, my Russian is horribly rusted... =)

I wrote some stuff in Russian to my home page (Dammit, the only way to learn a language better is to use it! I studied Russian for 9 years and learned virtually nothing - because I didn't bother to use it... at least I know the basics better than some others... =)

Yesterday, I had another Language Crisis: Java doesn't have any way to set up the raw mode for tty, which is kind of sad, because writing a Curses clone is impossible without using native type methods. So much for "write once, splut anywhere" - this from the language that has an implementation for hash tables in standard library...

Ah, Perl, how I miss thee. Why people don't let me write programs in real languages? =(

15:24

Today's Futurama episode: A Head In The Polls (2ACV03)... I'll give you a candy if you can guess why I liked the end of the episode! =)

20:09

The rest of the day: I drew stuff (finished sketching a new glorious work of art, apparently), and did some 3D stuff ("3D representation" of y.t. now has a nose, made of S-Mesh... "smell-detection mesh"? =)...

I'm... full of... hope. Somehow.

23:38

nighthowl:~$ whois microsoft.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

MICROSOFT.COM.IS.SECRETLY.RUN.BY.ILLUMINATI.TERRORISTS.NET
MICROSOFT.COM

To single out one record, look it up with "xxx", where xxx is one of the
of the records displayed above. If the records are the same, look them up
with "=xxx" to receive a full display for each record.

>>>Last update of whois database: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:04:50 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

See Memepool for more stuff.

This is weird - how the hell was that record created? It exists in InterNIC database, and is listed as Network Solutions domain, but NSI's whois server has no idea about it, nor does my DNS say anything about that domain...


Other day logs o' mine...

Noded today by y.t.: MULE whois How To Dial Out Reprint what you like
Belatedly noted: Commodore Executive 64
Updated: Nicholas Kerensky (This update note had been sitting in my calendar for a looooong time!)