So. The second election I've ever voted in, and the second I have been allowed to vote in. (I'm two for two!)

I was worried I wouldn't be able to, as nobody told me where I was supposed to go this time around (I think the note got tossed out with the junk mail). I didn't get home until five PM and I thought for sure that the polls must've been closed already because it was so dark outside, but then I looked online and it said that not only were the polls open until eight, but that my polling place was just down the street. I just walked down there and the nice ladies behind the desk checked my ID, checked off my name, and gave me a ballot.

The place wasn't at all crowded. There weren't any booths: this was like the rec center of the mobile home park. Just tall, small tables facing the wall with cardboard shielding to keep us from cheating. I knew the presidential vote didn't matter because- Californian. We're Democratic, we'll always be Democratic (Plus my brother, a Republican, jokingly told me that he had voted earlier that day, so his vote would counter-act my vote). But the state propositions and stuff I could make a difference in and I was proud to be a part of the process. The little I Voted sticker was pretty nifty too, but I gave that to my brother because his polling place (he just walked into one near his school) had run out of stickers before he got there and he really wanted one.


There was a two hundred and fifty point test in my editing class. I knew coming out of the starting gate that I was at least twenty-five points down. I am not confident.


The chicks are outside, now, in their proper coop. All of them have stopped looking like chicks and now look simply like small chickens. They can finally eat whole chicken feed, rather than the crumbled up feed. This will save me time as I was the one who had to crush the whole feed into a more manageable size.


A car spontaneously caught fire ten feet away from me today on the way home. It was at an intersection where the crosswalk is sort of out in the road, with its own little island area. That's why the car was so close. I took pictures, of course, as did all the people gathered on the sidewalk. Nobody was hurt, though the woman to whom the car belonged was reasonably shaken. When the firemen sprayed the car with the hose, one of the tires popped, making everyone jump (including a couple of the firemen).


I have two term papers due. One on the 13th one on the 28th. I have not seriously started either. The first I could write in my sleep, the second I need to start reading the subject material for (it's the The Didache). One of the options for essay topics was "the view of demons in Hellenistic thought". That sounds like something I'd enjoy, but I don't know if I'll be able to come up with ten pages. Better start reading and see, I suppose.


I turned 22 last Thursday. My dad came over and had cake with us. Saturday I had a real "party" with my extended family/family friends. It was the much more pleasant experience out of the two.


I'm tired.