She had saved money for a year and a half, wanting to give him a present she knew he would love. When he opened the handmade card and found the tickets to Japan inside, a look of pure ecstasy crossed his face; they would finally see the cherry blossoms like they had planned out so long ago under blankets in that hazy place between late night and early morning.

The flight was never-ending, but once the couple arrived in Okinawa, they knew it was worth it. They sat on a bench, sharing take-out under a cherry tree. She was reading a book, her knee pressed against his.

He got up to toss the empty container in the garbage, the girl following him with her eyes, drinking in the sight of him as he meandered back toward her. She focuses in on his dark eyes, glittering in the mid-afternoon sun, shining with happiness and content. She feels warmth spread through her knowing that this was her doing, she knew that she had put that smile on his face. And now, the cherry blossom were floating like a warm, aromatic snow into his hair.

She stuffed the book into her bag and pulled out a disposable camera and snapped a quick photograph of him walking towards her.

"Darling, what are you doing?" he asked, amused, taking her hand and pulling her down the street.

"I want to remember how beautiful you are right now," she responded, dropping the camera back into her bag.

"What about you?" he reached around her, getting the camera out of her bag and snapping a picture of him kissing her quickly on the cheek.