All right. I agree with Mikebert, this has been a wonderful place, a haven for writers, an awesome community, but these changes, they're just too much, too quickly and I think I'm going to quit noding, too. I mean, there are never any new write-ups (only about seven and a half since 2005) and all the new users since then are all trolls controlled by Toasterleavings. I know these new features are all meant to solve these problems but honestly, I think it's going to make it worse.

The images are fine as long as we don't get too crazy with them, but what is up with this new rule that any write-ups complaining about George W. Bush can be Cooled twice? I know we're a friendly bunch of Bush-haters here (and I don't like him much myself) but come on! It goes against the very principle of the Ching! It makes it meaningless! The double cool, it's like putting double icing on a cake. Well, that's not a good analogy, that sounds quite tasty actually. But the point is, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Another thing that really troubles me is allowing erotica - but only if it's about jessicapierce. I mean, I thought that hot ass thing was just an old, dead meme. Why drag it out again and then multiply it a hundredfold? I thought that this great writing community had a certain level of decency. Allowing that smut will make us just like Wikipedia in no time!

Another new rule I really have trouble with is making all new users refer to borgo only as "Daddy-kins" and that their first twelve write-ups have to be about how "awesome" his "junk" is. I don't even want to begin to speculate on what "junk" means here but I think I might know. And it's just soooo wrong it's almost beyond contemplation. Aren't there already enough write-ups here about your "junk" borgo? I mean seriously.

Now, those items I can almost tolerate. If I really twist my mind up they almost make sense. But this next one I'm going to talk about really just boggles my mind. If we want to attract new users, this new "Mr. Belvedere" clause will most definitely not help do it. I mean, now to get to Level 2 the user must live with nate for three weeks and do all his cooking, cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping? All while speaking in a British accent (if he or she not already British) and every thirty minutes the user must exclaim "Wesleeeeey!" no matter what the user is in the middle of doing. The rule where they must write about the experience in a daylog every night will promote more practice at writing, but the rest of it just makes no sense at all.

There a litany of other things that The Powers That Be are proposing that I have a real problem with:

  • Automatically Cooling all new Halspal write-ups is just completely unfair!
  • grundoon's idea... it's just... just... unspeakable! I mean... you're married for god's sake!
  • LordBrawl, this whole thing with the polar bears is really confusing to me, you'll have to explain it again.
  • Mandatory Nodermeets once a year to Antarctica is just right out! I know you like it there, iceowl, but come on!
  • BreakDanceQuest 2008: Do I even need to go into this one?
  • And, kthejoker, making all new users spend one night in your Dungeon of Pain with Mistress Carla, I cannot even begin to tell you guys how wrong this is!
  • And Jet-Poop, have you lost your mind?? Buttered ferrets?? Think of the children!!
I think I have made my case very clear to anybody with even just a shred of sanity left. E2 is taking a drive down Crazylane - with the windows down - so let me out at the next stop! Personally, I want no part of it!

Thank you.



Seriously, Jet-Poop... the children!