Last month I had e2collaborators created. It is a new user group where basically the members of the group all collaborate on a work of fiction. Ideally, the work would be the node, and each writeup a piece of it, by a different author (member of the group). I had been wanting to do a Story-Go-Round thing for years but hadn't thought of an efficient way to do it. Then the idea dawned one me, why not create a usergroup for it? It would work almost like a forum, a way to bounce around ideas and discuss the story and check for internal consistencies, etc.

It started off going well. I began it (with intent on sort of directing the rest of it; but don't worry, I'm far from micromanaging it, I'm letting them have pretty much free reign 99% of the time) and then several other members continued it, developing the backstory more and taking it in unexpected directions. It was turning out to be quite an intriguing supernatural tale.

But it has stalled.

We started out with 11 members, one left at the same time we acquired another, but now another has left, leaving us with 10 (and another person has just opted out of this story at least, but may do future ones). Five of us have contributed to the story, but it's not quite half done. So, doing the math, this means I need new members. And also the other four have been tentative on volunteering to go next.

The story is about a man who must travel the country (maybe even the world before it is over) searching for, and capturing, chaotic souls/ghost wreaking havoc on society, and he is employed by the shaman who is partially to blame for the fiasco. That's the plot, really boiled down, but I don't want to reveal too much.

So if you like to write fiction, and you'd like to contribute to a fascinating story with some fantasy, sorcery, ghosts, with some tech (almost scifi) thrown in, spiced with some tragedy, topped off with a mysterious and powerful villain, then please /msg me.

It has been a LOT of fun and I truly, TRULY feel that we really have a fascinating work of fiction going here and the writers so far have been pulling out all the stops, really contributing high quality work. Hats off to the group, mostly the other members (I just started the damn thing, they came in like gangbusters and really did some awesome things with it). And even members who have not written a piece yet have had some interesting ideas and suggestions in our messages back and forth. It would be a tragedy if this story sputtered out and died so please consider this. Not that I think that at this moment the danger of that happening is imminent, but I figured I'd better do this daylog before it gets to that point.

So, again, if you are an E2 fiction writer in any capacity, and if this story sounds interesting to you at all, please /msg me. You will not regret joining this group.

Thank you.