Ach, the weekend's over, and I'm just about done with my version of Monday -- Sunday night at 9:00PM to Monday morning at 6:00AM, which I spend at work.

Friday morning, I decided rather spur-of-the-moment like that I was sick of my hair and how it wouldn't behave and all that, so I cut it all off. My head is now covered with very short, naturally-coloured hairs that make riding my bike on a windy day feel quite good. My roots were getting overgrown before the haircut, and so none of the black dye remains. So weird. I'd been dying my hair black for years and years on a fairly regular basis. Now I don't even have hair long enough to dye. Viva la revolĂștion!

Friday night, I bit the bullet and decided to go to Empire, the once-monthly industrial dance event in the French Quarter, a the Shim Sham Club. I hadn't been in a long, long time, nearly six months. Six months is a long time when I used to go every week when it was a weekly event. The decision to go was a pretty bad idea. Once there, I didn't talk to anybody and nobody talked to me. I spent most of the two hours I was there fighting off a panic attack while I nervously paced around the place. After a while, I didn't want to deal with it anymore, so I just slipped away, completely unnoticed. I felt better once I got outside. This didn't last long, however, as I was biking down Camp Street on my way uptown, a passing car drove rather fast through a nearby puddle and I got sprayed with puddle-water. Ugh. The wind had dried it by the time I got home, but still, having pebbles fall off you as you remove your clothes isn't my idea of fun.

Saturday night I went and had soul food at Dunbar's with Strange Fruit, discofever, and sauth. It was really good, although by the time I was done I felt like I'd been drinking from the frier with a straw. Afterwards, I came home and revised my very first writeup -- Assemblage 23. It's now non-sucky.

Oh, and by the way, the problems mentioned in my last daylog have been resolved. I was just having a bad day.

Time to email my hours to payroll and then spend the rest of the morning doing nothing in particular.