The discus is an athletics event contested during outdoor track and during the olympics. Due to the nature of the event, it is rarely thrown indoors. The discus is circular and aerodynamically designed. When looking for a discus, the main thing experienced throwers look at is rim weight, or the percentage of weight of the discus that is in the outside rim of the discus. Higher quality discuses have rim weights in excess of 88%. Discuses are made of a rim, 2 outside plates, and a central fastening device. A discus with higher rim weight is superior in general, since the discus spins faster, which adds distance to the throw. Women always throw the 1 kilogram discus. The American high school boys weight is 1.6 kilograms. In Europe, high school aged boys throw mainly the 1.5 kilogram discus, but when they are younger they throw the 1 kilogram discus. The weight for junior throwers is 1.75 kilograms. College men and open men throw the 2 kilogram discus. The current men's world record is held by Jurgen Schult of Germany, with a throw of 74.08 meters. The woman's world record is held by Gabriele Reinsch with a throw of 76.80 meters. She is also German. There are two major technical styles for the discus throw. One is the non-reversing style, and the other is the reversing style. The two styles are differentiated by what happens at the release of the discus. In the reversing style, after the discus is delivered, the thrower's front and back feet switch positions and the thrower spins around to stay in the circle. Non-reversing throwers block extremely hard during the release and end the throw balanced with their feet in the same position as they were at the start of the release phase of the throw.