This is the last in a series of E-mails that I’ve received that details what my pride and joy has been doing on her latest excursion.

Dear Parent,

The Junior National Young Leaders Conference (JrNYLC) has been filled with adventure and learning. It's hard to believe that tomorrow Anna will return home! Of course, we are keeping her busy right up to the final minute. Throughout the day, Anna polished her newfound leadership skills with a presentation and discussion of her LFG's social project. In the evening, she watched Shackleton's Antarctic Adventures, an IMAX movie about Sir Ernest Shackleton's trans-Antarctic journey. Anna will end the night with a sleepover at the Maryland Science Center.

Over just a few short days, Anna has seen national monuments, explored historic Philadelphia, experienced the story of John Brown at Harpers Ferry, participated in historical reenactments and delved into key leadership concepts. But JrNYLC is only one step in Anna's leadership journey. Now that Anna has successfully completed JrNYLC, additional leadership opportunities are now open to her: the Junior Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference (JrPYIC) and the Junior National Young Leaders Conference Alumni Boston (JrNYLC Alumni Boston).

  • The Junior Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference occurs in Washington, D.C. during the presidential inauguration in January 2009. Anna will meet with political experts and key decision makers, chart the road to the White House and attend a gala, the inaugural parade and a youth concert. Anna will also reunite with her friends from JrNYLC as they witness the Inauguration of the President of the United States together. Anna's invitation to JrPYIC will arrive later this spring.
  • The Junior National Young Leaders Conference Alumni takes place in Boston in summer 2009. This unique alumni-only opportunity builds directly on the JrNYLC curriculum, offering participants leadership lessons plucked from America's colonial history. Anna will explore historically rich sites, including The Freedom Trail, Salem, Lexington and Concord, and develop advanced leadership characteristics: persuasion, integrity, tolerance, conflict resolution and team building. As an honored alumna of JrNYLC, Anna will receive her invitation automatically.
  • As a parent, all I can say is that for right now, the future looks pretty bright….