Amiga Scene Groups

A small Amiga demo scene group from Finland, formed in early 1993 by Elvis (coder - formerly in Sacreds), Greippi (graphician) and Huru-Ukko (musician). The three were the only members ever in the group.

From the start, Limbo operated under a simple agenda of mixing Melon-style intro design with humor resembling Stellar's productions. But unlike many other "joke" teams, Limbo presented top quality programming and art while not taking things too seriously. This can be seen in their early titles like Three Men and a Glenz Vector and Hindun Tie Kehdosta Hautaan. Other small works included intros released around each members' birthdays.

Huru-Ukko quit the scene in 1995, but the remaining two members continued. They released two hilarious Amiga demos posing as animations made with Commodore 64's basic. One of these, 911, won first prize in the intro competition at Assembly'97. Some people were upset with this, because Limbo won by humor instead of hardcore coding.

The group has been extremely inactive for the last few years, but they did win the first place in the Amiga demo compo at Remedy'99 with Educational Sex Lesson. As far as I know, the group has never officially been declared dead.


Information came from my own memory, Limbo productions and Top Secret issue #15.
Some bits of data found in http://www.scenet.de/amp/ and http://exotica.fix.no/info/scenery/online/l.html