user since
Sat Jul 24 2004 at 07:35:00 (19.8 years ago )
last seen
Wed Dec 19 2007 at 03:46:18 (16.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
3 - View caligital's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 93
mission drive within everything
Truth in all things
specialties
Design, Architecture, Illumination engineering, philosophy
motto
The dignity of simplicity
most recent writeup
prosopagnosia
Send private message to caligital

I am 83 years of age, and am interested in science, religion and philosophy. I am a retired architect, but it has been about 50 years since I was practising my craft. For the last 33 years before retirement I was with an organisation which published technical publications for architects and the building industry. I led a small group of specialists but I was the only one who was familiar with each one's skills and was able to utilise them to produce work of a high standard of accuracy, and reliability.

As part of my work I lectured at the Melbourne University School of Architecture and gave public talks to groups from housewives to schoolchildren. Although I retired in 1980 I have since met other architects who are still using my Technical books for reference and assure me that they are still applicable today.

My father was a typographer who had a lifetime of producing high quality publications, rare books, and limited editions. I learned good design at his knee, and was able to assess good design, in other fields than printing. I look forward to reading as much as I can in this wonderful web site.