But this would be another example of wanting someone out there to do something to help you fix a problem which you should be busy fixing yourself.

There seems to be such a lack of imagination in America when it comes to fixing personal problems; thus, the rise of self-help books.

If I were a girl and I was in the poorer class and I wanted to improve my chances of marrying someone who could support me, here's what I would do.

Instead of spending thousands of dollars on some useless college or some technical training, I would spend $400 on some golf lessons from a good golf pro. Then I would spend $1000 for some good clubs, bag, etc. Then I would spend $25,000 to join a high-dollar country club in an area where I would like to spend the rest of my life.

Sure, that's a lot of money. But what does a year of college at Cornell cost? Borrow the money if you don’t have it. Then, go to the golf course every day as a "single," and do not join up with women. Wait around until there are nice-looking wealthy men who need a fourth. They will be glad to have you join them. And, within a year, you will be married to a wealthy man. How good a match he is for you; that's up to you. But you can one day look back on this idea and thank me then.

Oh, and if this falls through, you at least learned how to play golf. That’s much more fun than being rich, anyway.