user since
Tue Dec 19 2000 at 05:39:42 (23.3 years ago )
last seen
Tue Jan 20 2004 at 09:24:12 (20.3 years ago )
number of write-ups
19 - View forest's writeups (feed)
level / experience
2 (Acolyte) / 449
mission drive within everything
Always striving to learn more, to be more.
specialties
optimism through pragmatism
school/company
Somewhere in Michigan
motto
You can always be better than what you are.
most recent writeup
The last job
Send private message to forest

"Hobos have been living off of pigeon-jerky for YEARS."

I own a quilt that I've had since shortly after I was born. It was made for me by a family friend named Sue. It is red, and I for the first fifteen years of my life I slept with it every night.

When i was fifteen, I ran away from home. In the dumbest of expressions of teen angst I stole a moderate sum of money and moved to San Francisco. For months I lived there, moving from squat to squat - convinced that I was having probably the most diverse and interesting experience of my life.

That remains to be seen. I did, however, leave without my blanket - which I lovingly call "Wubbie". I have to admit - for the first few nights it was actually getting difficult to sleep without it. I was a big strong man of fifteen, however, so I decided to just chalk this up to apprehension over my new surroundings.

After a while, I came back home. After I did a short stint in the juvenille hall for stealing the money, I went home. There was Wubbie, where it was when I'd left. I laid down in bed, and suddenly it felt as though I'd never gone anywhere. I was home all along.

I was gone from here for a while, but I'm back now. I missed this place - but now it seems like I never left. I had to get through some personal issues before I could resume my noding zeal, but that has happened, and here I am. I am a different man than I was when I wandered west to San Francisco... I have a son and another child on the way, but still Wubbie remains on my half of the bed, ready whenever I need him.