I designed a site using FrontPage. It isn't that bad for making simple HTML. I mean HTML that doesn't have tables and sometimes even frames. That's about how far you should go with this program. Dynamic content barely exists.

Take my word for it on this one. Or even better look at the site I did. http://www.bethlehemassoc.org/

The only good thing I noticed and sort of appreciated was the HTML editing environment. It colorcodes everything which is a nice feature but is available in most linux text editors. Also you can't change the colors to ones you want to use.

Also FrontPage opens your web server up to many exploits. If you run the package Personal Web Server you are positioning yourself to be royally fucked by some script kiddie. If you install the server extensions on IIS then you better make sure it's watertight. I remember I found a security hole in a reasonably large design company's web server. It was the fault of FrontPage. Unless you are some kind of masochist stay away.

Microsoft's site doesn't even use FrontPage. If it really was good they'd use it. Only their FrontPage info site uses it. I wonder why.

If you need to get a site up quickly FrontPage is good for that. If you want to maintain the site after that ... learn HTML and open a text editor.