The album 'Permission to land' is rock-band The Darkness's much anticipated debut album. It was released on the 7th July 2003 and immediatly in shot to numver 2 in the top 40 chart. The Darkness were obviously onto a winner here. Sandwiched between Delta Goodrem and Beyonce Knowles in the charts The Darkness were obviously going to be a hit and this album would be album that would make them big.

The sales for this album have been more than amazing, they have been fantastic. The sales have now, I believe, reached over 300,000 so the band are set to make a fair few bob out of this album. Also, from what I can gather the downloading of this album from the internet sites such as kazaa and mp3.com have been unbelievable and from my own knowledge I know that I have seen the exchange of this album copyed many a time in the school playgroud.

Their album has ten great tracks. Their first single 'I believe in a thing called love' recieved great approval from radio one and xfm when released as an EP that the band knew it had to be their first single.

The album consists of ten fairly decent songs with Justin's high-pitched amazing voice you really cannot go wrong. I must put in my own opinoin here though, and say, that 'Get your hands off my woman' is one of the best tracks of the whole album. In fact, I would go as far as to say it is the best track. All in all the lyrics are meaningful, sung amazingly and played to make them sound even better.

The tracks are:

Black Shuck
Get Your Hands Off My Woman
Growing On Me
I Believe In A Thing Called Love
Love Is Only A Feeling
Givin' Up
Stuck In A Rut
Friday Night
Love On The Rocks With No Ice
Holding My Own

I'd definitely recommend this album if you are a rock and screachy-singing fan. The thing about 'The Darkness' is that you either love them or you hate them. I love them but to truely love them I think you have to know what the songs mean and I'm not really sure that I do.