"How did it go?" asked Lord Raye.

"As can be expected," she said.

"Nothing out of the ordinary?"

"Subject doesn't change as much as you think, at least when it comes to my observations."

"True, but maybe that's only because we're around."

"Observer effect, yep."

"That just means they'll have to keep us around if they want the subject to remain stable."

"You don't have better things to do?"

"Actually no, I quite enjoy this sometimes."

"I'm not so sure myself. I know in the back of my mind it will all work out, but something still hasn't clicked for me."

"If you're not ready yet, it probably means the subject isn't ready yet."

"You think we can push things there?"

"It will take some finesse. You've been coordinating with Starr?"

"I try, but sometimes I just want to go back and gather my thoughts. Put everything back where they're supposed to be in my own head."

"You already know what you're supposed to do."

"Yes. It's hard when I'm away though, without the reassurance."

"Is there something we have to worry about, Alla?"

"No, don't worry about it. I shouldn't have brought it up. I'll be okay."

"If there's anything I can do..."

"No, really. I've got everything under control."

"You're sure? You have to make sure you take care of yourself first, even if you're in the middle of saving the world."

"Everything will be fine, don't worry. I just have to learn to remind myself that."

"If you say so. I'm heading out now. May peace find its way to you."

"May it follow you too."